snapshots and observations

Tuesday 21 May 2013

me vs marc newson








one of my favourite designers is marc newson.

i have a few things of his at whitfield towers, nothing major though.

perhaps next week i'll take some photos of the little pieces i have and 
show them to you.

the reason i mention him is that a couple of weeks ago i was shooting some
furniture and one of the pieces was this blinding marc newson chair.
naturally as soon as i clocked it, there was only one thing on my mind.
i wanted to have my photo taken sitting on it.








i gave the cable release to a man i usually call 'dude'
and asked him to take my portrait.
in fairness, this is not the shot i wanted him to take
and after exchanging pleasantries i took my position.








boom !
what's not to like ?
a miserable northerner on a great chair.
how could it get any better ?








boom ! 
that's right.
a miserable northerner wearing a tiger mask on a great chair !






the end.






1 comment: