snapshots and observations

Wednesday 9 June 2010

( another ) road trip



another week another road trip.
this time i had a shoot in ludlow, shropshire.

i set off from whitfield towers at a very early hour...
5:09am !



i arrived in ludlow early. or was just about to arrive there early when i spotted a little chef.
i'd only had a cheap motorway coffee all morning so i decided to stop for breakfast.

in a shock move i opted for porridge
fair enough.

on with the honey...
i know it doesn't look much, but this breakfast was game on.


i was still too early for the shoot so i had a look around ludlow... and felt the need for coffee.

no starbucks, no tidy looking independent coffee shops, just my old enemy... costa coffee,
and their ropey-as-you-like version of a flat white.
it was not good. however the girl behind the counter gave me a costa coffee club
card and put a load of points on it for me when she saw me photographing my flat white.


ludlow is very close to god's own country... and look what the shops sell.
you beauty !


i saw this old lady making her way home with her shopping trolley full of welsh cakes.


and i also found this cannon outside a castle-type effort.
if only i could have fired it up, i swear i could have hit costa coffee from here !


some great parking by the locals...


and a tempting offer of a haircut...



it was soon time for my shoot. as usual i found time for a self-portrait...
the lighting was almost as moody as i was in costa coffee an hour or so earlier.


in the evening after my shoot, i picked up a snack to see me through the long drive home.
can you guess ?



that's right... boom !
chicken fried rice and curry sauce. 

thank-you ludlow and good night.



5 comments:

  1. Nooooooooooooo there's green bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah the old lady pic - break my heart why dontcha - I feel a song coming on, maybe......ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope the song doesn't include the 'f' chord.
    you know that was the chord that finished me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sort of car is that? It looks like the Doc's DeLorean

    ReplyDelete